I think the bearded dude is German.
Assalamu alaykum
So, in a short-lived feeling of goodwill and the need for a good reference for meine CV, I volunteered in me local Oxfam Bookshop. I'm starting to wonder whether that was a wise decision. How many people dream of spending the majority of their saturday and free afternoons stuffed in a small backroom with people incapable of stringing together a sentence in English, and a weird bearded dude who looks like he's on the verge of killing innocent book worms? That was a nice long complex sentence, masha Allah.
I can only imagine how many blog-worthy freakish moments I'm going to blog about, insha Allah. Until then, I shall ponder how to freak out this 4ft, reasonably old (50?)Bengali dude who insists on walking straight up to me and saying 'hi.' I was once walking with my younger cousin (6ft kid, white) and that seemed to deter the pesky hobbit from greeting me (oh how I hope this isn't back-biting :wipesfleshfrommouth: meat from an old back bone was never renowned for it's tastiness.)
Suggestions? oh, and no, I do NOT wink and give him that 'come hither' look *crosses arms* I think he's made it a lifelong ambition to make me reply to his 'hi.'
wassalam
So, in a short-lived feeling of goodwill and the need for a good reference for meine CV, I volunteered in me local Oxfam Bookshop. I'm starting to wonder whether that was a wise decision. How many people dream of spending the majority of their saturday and free afternoons stuffed in a small backroom with people incapable of stringing together a sentence in English, and a weird bearded dude who looks like he's on the verge of killing innocent book worms? That was a nice long complex sentence, masha Allah.
I can only imagine how many blog-worthy freakish moments I'm going to blog about, insha Allah. Until then, I shall ponder how to freak out this 4ft, reasonably old (50?)Bengali dude who insists on walking straight up to me and saying 'hi.' I was once walking with my younger cousin (6ft kid, white) and that seemed to deter the pesky hobbit from greeting me (oh how I hope this isn't back-biting :wipesfleshfrommouth: meat from an old back bone was never renowned for it's tastiness.)
Suggestions? oh, and no, I do NOT wink and give him that 'come hither' look *crosses arms* I think he's made it a lifelong ambition to make me reply to his 'hi.'
wassalam
posted by Not Zahra. @ 1:55 pm
|
