Crisps.Not chips.
Assalamu alaykum
Who has seen the new 'Gentleman's crisp' advert? It features a man loading the washing machine, whilst who I assume to be his g/f looks on in complete disbelief and drops her cup of tea. The guy then stands up and starts eating some 'gentleman's crisps.' Shock , shock horror. So I was sat there, drinking tea (not really), thinking (again, I lie) - what the hell was that advert about?! The guy was a random intruder who decided to do her washing and then eat some crisps? The guy was eating HER crisps? WHAT?!
A few days later I saw the advert again and voiced my confusion to my 15 year old sister. Apparently, the woman is in such a state of shock because this guy is doing the washing. What..in..God's 99 names. Why the hell should she be that shocked?! Does the guy not wear clothes? Is he then not forced to, at some point, wear them again? Why should someone else clean up after him? (Hi mum.) It's pathetic that any woman should be GRATEFUL or SHOCKED that the guy is doing his own washing. It is NOT gentleman like, it's human decency. It should be EXPECTED of him.
And if the woman DOES do the washing (because she feels it's fair because he's paying for her shoes) then he should appreciate it. Maybe I'm being naive. But I don't care. It will be different for me. (I politely place my brother's washing in his room when I find it on the bathroom floor. I didn't spot a maid in the house. If there is one - why are there still plates in my room?)
wassaalm
Who has seen the new 'Gentleman's crisp' advert? It features a man loading the washing machine, whilst who I assume to be his g/f looks on in complete disbelief and drops her cup of tea. The guy then stands up and starts eating some 'gentleman's crisps.' Shock , shock horror. So I was sat there, drinking tea (not really), thinking (again, I lie) - what the hell was that advert about?! The guy was a random intruder who decided to do her washing and then eat some crisps? The guy was eating HER crisps? WHAT?!
A few days later I saw the advert again and voiced my confusion to my 15 year old sister. Apparently, the woman is in such a state of shock because this guy is doing the washing. What..in..God's 99 names. Why the hell should she be that shocked?! Does the guy not wear clothes? Is he then not forced to, at some point, wear them again? Why should someone else clean up after him? (Hi mum.) It's pathetic that any woman should be GRATEFUL or SHOCKED that the guy is doing his own washing. It is NOT gentleman like, it's human decency. It should be EXPECTED of him.
And if the woman DOES do the washing (because she feels it's fair because he's paying for her shoes) then he should appreciate it. Maybe I'm being naive. But I don't care. It will be different for me. (I politely place my brother's washing in his room when I find it on the bathroom floor. I didn't spot a maid in the house. If there is one - why are there still plates in my room?)
wassaalm
posted by Not Zahra. @ 1:04 am
|
